Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Emma the Jungle Girl

Crikey! Our trip to the Australia Zoo was INCREDIBLE. We went twice, and while both days were FANTASTIC I must admit the first one takes the cake. While at the Crocoseum, we won an Elephant Encounter . . . . . . WITH THE IRWIN FAMILY! That's right, Wade, Emma & I spent time with three Asian Elephants AND Terri, Bindi & Robert Irwin. Those of you who know Emma well know what an animal lover she is, but you may not know that she has multiple episodes of Bindi the Jungle Girl on our DVR. Interacting with the elephants was AMAZING. We brushed dirt off of them, scrubbed their toenails & even hand fed them bits of corn on the cob. Elephant tongue does not feel like I had imagined it. Yes, sadly, I had in fact imagined it. The Irwins were so incredibly friendly & down to earth. Bindi and Emma chatted it up as animatedly as if Emma were chatting with Harrison or Daisy (friends from home). I am so impressed with the Irwins and what they do. Sure, I'd seen episodes of The Crocodile Hunter, but I have a whole new respect for what it is they are doing for the world now. And, my little animal lover has become a true Wildlife Warrior. I'd love to write loads more but I'm running out of internet time. I'll post photos of the encounter ASAP.

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2009 2:45 PM, Anonymous Amy Duncan said...

Seriously? That is so awesome!!! I can't wait to see more pictures when you get home and hear all about it. We miss you!

 
At 7/24/2009 3:26 PM, Anonymous Shirley VanHoesen said...

Sounds like an awesome adventure!! Way to go Emma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home